Thursday, November 25, 2010

Jazz your front door up with a Wreath!


When we first started looking for a house, I told my husband that I wanted a house with a round door. Ever since college I have been dreaming about a rounded door. There was a whole street lined with Tudors and rounded doors, it was such a pleasure to walk past. My husband looked me right in the eye and said, "a round front door was highly unlikely". But as it turns out, ye of little faith, my front door is round. Round like the moon

Front doors are full of character. Sometimes a front door can say a lot about the person that lives there.  I would like mine to say, "welcome neighbors, I've just moved in and I want you to stop by!" I knew I needed to jazz my front door with a wreath.  This year our Christmas colors, besides the good old stand by of red and green, is going to include teal blue.  Incidentally, I am quite particular to this color and I think it is a good a staple in my life. 

 This is my door with out a wreath,     


BORING...

This is my door with a wreath!

JAZZY!



In a couple simple steps you can have one too! All my supplies came from Michael's,

You need:
a twine wreath (don't forget to use your Micheal's coupon)
decorative foliage with a wire base in a variety of shapes and sizes
Get a variety of foliage- some plain, some with glitter or pearlized. It will make your wreath more interesting.

I started with the glittery blue foliage and evenly placed it around the wreath. No glue needed I just fed it through the twine wreath and it stayed put. It's important to bend the wire in a circular shape before feeding it through.







Then I added the green right after the teal blue...




Next up the white, I also placed the white foliage under some twine branches to make it more secure...


                               

and finally I put a clump of red at the top to break up the repetitiveness. Also, a little red for Christmas. 


When Christmas is over I can remove the red and it can just be a winter wreath.  Best part about the wreath? I can take out the fake foliage and reuse the wreath, if I want a different look!


For more inspiration, I walked around the neighborhood and took pictures of my neighbors wreaths...











11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! We have a new home that we've lived in for 1 yr now. This year we're finally getting to decor and starting traditions of our own in the house. I wanted to make my own wreath and I've been so busy I completely forgot the idea! If I hadn't found your page I may not have a wreath on my door. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow and I will sure take a picture!!

    I hope you can come visit and follow me back http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/

    Kate xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too can not see the after pic but loved the wreath you made! Guess I had better get off the computer and get busy on the decorating. I am you newest follower!
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wreath and would give my right arm for your door!! Well, maybe not my right arm how about a little toe!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see it now! Great wreath! Beautiful door!

    Kelly
    mysimplewalk.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE wreaths, the wreath makes the home so much more entrancing (inviting)!!!!! Christmas wreaths are even like love in a circle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) This will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-holiday-wreath-projects/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  7. your round door is adorable, and i'm so glad you got your wish for one. what are the chances?! and your wordless weds progression with the dog. super cute and lol funny!

    thanks so much for coming by the cape on the corner, and for your comment on my thankful thursday post. i truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally lovin the berry wreath. It turned out great, and I love how you added different elements not just red berries, for example. Oh and I've wanted to walk around the neighborhood so many times, and take pics, now I know I'm not the only one, lol.

    I finally redid my 20 year old wreath this year, blogged all about it, lol. I was pretty excited, how it turned out.

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your door and the wreath is so lovey!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...